Being a fan of Italian Cuisine, we have tried various permutations and combinations of different types of pasta with vegetarian and non vegetarian flavors. This recipe of Chili Garlic Spaghetti is one of the easiest and has such beautiful flavors that will take you back to a warm and pleasant evening in Sicily.
About Spaghetti: Spaghetti is a long, thin, cylindrical pasta of Italian and Sicilian origins. Spaghetti is made of semolina (sooji) or flour and water. Traditionally most spaghetti was 50 cm long but shorter lengths gained popularity during the later half of 20th century. In India, spaghetti is readily available in most super markets.
- 400 gms. - Spaghetti
- 6 cloves - Garlic
- 1 tsp. - Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp. - Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion - finely chopped
- 1 green chili - finely chopped
- Cheddar Cheese & Oregano for garnishing
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan, boil water till it bubbles. Add a pinch of salt to it. No twist the spaghetti and add the spaghetti to the boiling water. Boil till its soft. Drain the water and keep the spaghetti covered with muslin cloth.
- In a flat pan, add olive oil. When the oil is warm, add green chilies, garlic and onion and saute. Make sure that the garlic does not burn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the boiled spaghetti and mix with a set of tongs. Sprinkle the chili flakes and mix.
- Remove the spaghetti from the flame.
- Generously sprinkle cheese and oregano on the spaghetti. If you like spicy spaghetti, add a dash of Tabasco sauce.
PS: You may serve the spaghetti with / without garlic bread.