Kadai Paneer / Cottage Cheese is a well known Indian dish available in the menu of most restaurants and eateries. There are different variations to a Kadai Paneer. Here is our take on Kadai Paneer, it's super quick to make and absolutely delicious!
- Cottage Cheese / Paneer - 1 bowl, diced into cubes
- Onion - 1 small finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 small, finely chopped
- Fenugreek seeds / methi seeds - a pinch
- Turmeric powder / haldi powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 2 tbsp.
- Cream - 50 gms.
- Kasoori Methi - for garnishing
- Garlic - 2 cloves finely chopped
- Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1/2 tsp
How to prepare kadai paneer:
- In a pan, heat oil. Add onions and saute till the onions turn translucent. Add the jeera and saute well. Now add the tomatoes and capsicum and saute till they are soft.
- Add haldi powder, red chili powder, methi seeds and garlic and saute till the garlic is cooked.
- Add paneer and saute so that the spices mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Lower the flame and add the cream. Mix well and take off the flame.
- Sprinkle kasoori methi and fresh finely chopped coriander.