Just like Garfield the cat, I am crazy about Lasagne. It is one of the oldest forms of pasta and can be made with a variety of sauces and ingredients. Here is my take on Lasagne with Spinach and Chicken.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- Lasagna Sheets - 4
- Chicken sausages - 10 strips diced
- Spinach puree - 1 cup
- Beschamel sauce / white sauce - 1 cup
- Onions - 2 small, finely chopped
- Green Chilies - 2 medium, finely chopped
- Carrot - 1 small, finely grated
- Garlic - 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Chicken pepperoni - 6 slices
- Mozarella cheese - For garnishing
- Chili Flakes and Oregano - For garnishing
- Boil water with a little salt. When the water begins to bubble, add the lasagna sheets one by one. I have used Arrighi Lasagne Sheets. These are easily available in super marts / gourmet stores.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees for the lasagne.
- For the spinach puree, wash and boil spinach leaves. Blend the leaves into a puree.
- Keep two pans on the flame and add 1.5 tbsp Olive oil to both. Now add onions, green chillies, carrots and garlic to both the pans. Make sure that equal amount of ingredients go into both the pans else the taste will vary.
- When the onions become soft and translucent, add the diced sausages and saute till the sausages are light gold in colour. Add salt and pepper to taste and saute for about 20 seconds.
- Now in pan of sausages, add white sauce and in the other add the spinach puree and mix well.
- In a flat dish, lay one slice of lasagna. Add white sauce and sausage mix on this layer. Now add the next sheet of lasagna on top of the white sauce mix. Add spinach and sausage mix on the sheet and spread evenly. Repeat the process with the next two sheets.