Basa fish is a type of catfish native to Mekong River Basin in Vietnam and Chao Pharaya Basin in Thailand. In UK they are popularly known as river cobblers. (Source: Wikipedia)
This is the first time i tried grilled fish and it turned out perfect. I hope you love it too!
Ingredients: For the fish
- Basa fillet - 1
- Olive oil - 1 tsp.
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Chili Flakes - 1 tsp.
For the vegetables
- Carrots - 1 medium size, diced
- Butter -10 gms.
- Green chilies - 2 finely chopped
- Beans - 20 gms, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Chili flakes - 1/2 tsp.
For the Mash Potatoes:
- Potatoes - 5, medium size
- Butter - 20 gms.
- Warm Milk - 20 ml.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garlic - 2 cloves, finely grated
- Chili flakes - for garnishing
- Garlic Mayonnaise - 1 tsp.
- Milk - 2 tsp.
For the fish:
- In a oven tray, keep the fillet straight. Now make small slits on the fish so that the marinade can get the flavors.
- In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt and the chili flakes. Spread it evenly on the fish and refrigerate for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Pre - heat the oven on 200 degree grill. After 1 hour 30 minutes, take out the fish. Brush a few drops of oil on both sides of the fish.
- Put the tray inside the oven and grill the fish at 180 degrees or 15 minutes. Allow the fish to cool for 30 seconds before serving.
- In a pan, add the butter and allow to melt. Add the garlic and green chilies and saute till the garlic is cooked.
- Boil the carrots and beans or microwave them till soft. Add the boiled vegetables and saute till the vegetables give a fried appearance.
- Mix the mayonnaise and the milk and pour it over the vegetables.
For the mashed potatoes:
- Clean and peel the potatoes and boil them for 15 minutes. I microwave potatoes with water for 12 minutes. Check that the potatoes are tender and crush easily.
- Drain the water. Crush the potatoes using a fork or potato mash.
- In a pan, add the crushed potatoes and mix for about a minute.
- Now add the butter and garlic and mix well. The butter should coat the potatoes well. In case it does not, add a little more butter.
- Mix for about 2 minutes. Now add the milk and saute so that the potatoes and milk make a smooth mash.
- Add salt and butter to taste.