Palak Paneer is one of the healthiest and easiest recipe to make. Here is our take on Palak Paneer / Spinach and Cottage Cheese
- Spinach puree - 1 cup
- Paneer / Cottage cheese - 100 gms, diced
- Tomato - 1 small, finely chopped
- Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp, grated
- Green Chilies - 2, finely chopped
- Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric / Haldi powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Cream - 1 tsp.
- Cooking oil - 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
How to prepare Palak Paneer:
- First, to make spinach puree, wash and pressure cook spinach leaves without water. When the leaves have cooled down, blend them into a smooth puree.
- In a pan, add cooking oil and heat it. Now add the chopped onion and cumin seeds / jeera and saute till the onions become soft.
- Now add the chopped green chilies, ginger and garlic and saute for a minute. Add tomatoes and mix till the tomatoes become soft and squishy. If you do not like tomatoes, you can add a a tsp. of tomato puree.
- Add salt and turmeric and saute for 10 - 15 seconds.
- Now add the paneer and mix well. A lot of people add fried paneer, but I like the soft fresh paneer.
- Add spinach puree and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and add cream. Mix well.
Serve this delicious dish with roti / rice!