Being a sardarni, I cannot avoid posting the recipe of Gaajar ka Halwa or Carrot Pudding. Winters and gaajar ka halwa go hand in hand. There are a lot of ways to make this recipe and the taste varies with the change in the ingredients.
The recipe included here does not include any sugar, this mildly sweet and very healthy dessert will be absolutely perfect for your dessert cravings.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Carrots - 3 grated
- Milkmaid - 1 pack
- Milk - 1 medium cup
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - a pinch
- Khoya - 4 tbsp.
- Almonds - 3 /4 finely sliced
- In a heavy base pan, add milk and grated carrots. The milk should cover the carrots. Keep mixing the milk and carrots so that they do not stick at the bottom of the pan. This will take about 5 - 7 minutes on a medium flame.
- When the milk begins to boil and dry and the carrot begins to caramalise, add grated khoya and 3/4th tin of milkmaid. Mix well and allow the milk maid to dry a little.
- Keep adding the milk maid and mix well.
- In a pan, heat ghee and add the almonds and saute for a minute. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- When the milk maid has dried up, remove the gaajar halwa from the flame.
- Garnish with fried almonds and serve hot.