I love sausages and love to mix sausages with vegetables and sauces. This is my take to Crispy Sausages with Fresh Vegetables and Garlic Bread.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves : 2
For crispy sausages
- Plain chicken sausages - 12, cut into chunks
- Brocolli florets - 1/2 cup
- Carrots - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Red bell pepper - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Fresh mayonnaise - 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce, Oregano and Lime juice for seasoning
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Green Chilies - 2 finely chopped
For garlic bread
- Whole wheat bread - 4 slices
- Butter - 10 gms
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- In a pan, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add onions, green chilies and garlic and saute till the rawness of the onions and the garlic has gone.
- Now add the vegetables - carrots, broccoli, red bell pepper and capsicum and saute till the vegetables are cooked and crispy. This should take about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage chunks and mix well for about 2 minutes. The sausage chunks will become crisp and get a nice golden color on them.
- Mix the mayonnaise. The mayonnaise adds a nice sheen to the sausages and the vegetables.
- Take the pan off the flame. Add salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, 1/2 tsp of lime juice and oregano on the sausages and mix.
- For the garlic bread, on a flat pan, add butter and garlic. When the butter melts, keep the slices of bread on the butter and flip every 2 seconds. The bread will get a nice toast on it.