Here is our take on Spicy and tangy baby corn. The base of this gravy is coconut based with a hint of tomato and coriander!
- Babycorn - 5, cut into 1 cm rings
- Curry leaves - 5 - 6
- Dry red chilies - 2
- Garlic - 1/2 tsp.
- Tomato puree - 1 tsp.
- Coriander - 1/2 bunch
- Mint - 1/2 bunch
- Green Chilies - 2
- Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder - a pinch
- 5 spice / garam masala - a pinch
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1, finely sliced
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp.
- Water - 1 cup
- In a hot pan, add oil, mustard seeds, dry red chilies, and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle add the onions and garlic and saute till the onions are soft and cooked.
- In a grinder make a fine paste of mint, coriander, green chilies.
- Add the mint paste to the onions and saute.
- Add the spices except the salt and saute for 20 seconds. Add the tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Now add the baby corn and saute with the spices.
- Add water to the mix, cover with a lid and cook till the water dries and the baby corn becomes soft.
- Remove the lid, lower the flame and add the coconut milk. Mix well and allow the gravy to boil.
- Remove from flame.
Serve with hot roti / rice / paratha