Poha comes in different forms, with variations in vegetables and the style of making one. This is a Bong version of the same, something that DC relishes.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Beans - 100 gms, cut into 1 cm long cubes
- Potatoes - 1, small cut into 1 cm long cubes
- Carrots - 1 cut round
- Cauliflower - 50 gms, florets cut
- Roasted peanuts - 1 tbsp.
- Mustard oil - 2 tsp.
- Green Chilies - 2, slit
- Panchphoton - 1/2 tsp
- Poha - 1 cup, soaked in water
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Cold water
- In a open pan, add mustard oil and allow it to heat up. Add the slit green chilies and panchphoton (a ready mix of saunf, methi seeds, jeera, kalonji and ajwain) to the oil and allow the seeds to crackle.
- Now add the vegetables and a tbsp of water so that the vegetables do not stick to the base of the pan.
- Add turmeric, and cover the pan for 10 minutes and allow the steam to build up.
- Add salt to taste to the vegetables and saute for 10 - 12 minutes till the vegetables are soft.
- Now add the peanuts to the vegetables and mix well.
- Add some freshly chopped green chilies for an extra zing.
- In a colander, use cold water to soften the poha. In case you are using a thicker version of poha, you may soak the poha for 2 minutes in cold chilled water.
- Mix the soaked poha with the vegetables.
Sprinkle fresh lime juice and fresh chopped coriander and serve hot!