When we think of comfort foods, Paneer Bhujia always finds its place in our list. Paneer / Cottage cheese is one of the healthiest form of milk and is always available in our refrigerator. DC and PR do not like Paneer Bhujia as its a "psuedo bhujia" (when compared to egg bhujia) but we absolutely love it especially with plain paratha or toasted bread or even as a stuffing in Bombay Toast.
Here is our take on Paneer Bhujia!
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 100 gms, grated
- Onions - 1 medium size, finely chopped
- Green chilies - 2 small, finely chopped
- Parsely - finely chopped, 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilie sauce - 1 tsp.
- Black pepper / salt / red chili powder - to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- In a kadai / wok, add oil and allow it to heat up. Once the oil is hot add the onions and green chilies and saute till the onions are soft and have a pinkish tinge to them.
- Add tomato ketchup, green chili sauce and the parsley and saute. Now add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Saute well.
- Add the grated paneer and mix well. Add a little more fresh parsely and serve with your favourite paratha or bread.