Potatoes are one of the most versatile ingredients in any kitchen. This morning when I could not figure out what to pack for DC for his office lunch, I thought of experimenting with Potatoes. This recipe is spicy, fragrant and undoubtedly delicious. Hope you enjoy it too!
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Boiled Potatoes - 3, diced into 1 cm cubes
- Onions - 1, finely chopped
- Curry leaves - a handful
- Ghee - 1/5 tbsp.
- Water - 4 tbsp.
- Tomato puree - 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to garnish
- Dry red chilies - 2
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Saunf powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp.
- In a kadai, add oil and allow the ghee to heat. Once hot, add the spices and saute till fragrant.
- Add the mustard seeds and allow them to crackle. Now add the mustard seeds and dry red chilies to crackle.
- Once the seeds begin to crackle, add the curry leaves and the onions and saute till the onions are soft. Add the garlic and saute till the rawness has gone.
- Add the tomato puree and mix.
- Now add the boiled potatoes. Mix well and add a little water.
- Allow the water to dry up. Saute well.
The potatoes are ready to serve.