Chicken Fried Rice is a Chinese recipe and in India we have developed so many forms of the Fried Rice that it has become a Indo - Chinese recipe. A good fried rice blends in different ingredients into a scrumptious meal to be enjoyed by the entire family.
Our take on Chicken Fried rice is without two ingredients - capsicum and eggs. To spice up and mix up the rice, you may include fried egg and capsicum and even vegetables like Broccoli or bean sprouts or mushrooms. We have only used carrots and loads of chicken in this recipe.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Serves : 2
- Cooked rice - 2 cup
- Carrots - 1 finely chopped
- Beans - a handful, finely chopped
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp.
- Boiled chicken / chicken shreds - 1 cup
- Soya Sauce - 2 tbsp.
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp.
- Chili Vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Onions - 2, finely sliced.
- In a bowl, marinade the chicken shred with some garlic paste, ginger paste, salt and pepper.
- After 15 minutes of marination, saute in little oil till golden brown. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In a pan, add oil and the sliced onions and saute them til they are light brown and caramalized. Once light brown, add ginger and garlic paste and saute for about a minute or till the rawness of the garlic and ginger has gone.
- Now add the vegetables and saute for 5 - 7 minutes til the vegetables begin to soften a bit and get color of the onions.
- Add soya sauce and tomato ketchup and saute till the sauces bubble. The vegetables should be cooked by now and should have become a little crunchy.
- Now add the cooked rice and saute with the vegetables.
- Add the chicken shreds and allow to rest for at least half hour before serving.
Sonia and Neha