My mom has taught this recipe to all of the girls in the family just before they got married. Her advice was "Go woo your husbands with this Chicken Chili recipe!!" It's been officially renamed to Molly Aunty's Chilli Chicken recipe.
I share with the rest of the world now.
|Molly Aunty's Chilli Chicken|
- 1Kg Chicken cut in small pieces
- 1.5 tbsp. Chili sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. Soya sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. Tomato sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. Vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp. sugar
- 1.5 dessert spoon chopped Garlic
- 1.5 dessert spoon chopped Green Chili
- 4 diced onions
- 2 diced capsicum
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook (3-4 tbsp.)
- Mix soya sauce, tomato sauce, chili sauce, vinegar & salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick vessel. Add sugar and fry it till it becomes brown in color / has caramelized.
- Once the sugar is caramelized, add garlic and green chili into it. Fry it till the raw smell goes away.
- Add chicken and mix properly. Cook it in high flame.
- Fry chicken till it becomes white and then add the sauce mix.
- Cover the vessel and cook for 15 minutes.
- After that reduce the flame and cook till the chicken is cooked properly.
- Once chicken is cooked, put it into a bowl.
- In the same the vessel, add oil as required and put the diced onions and cook till they caramelize.
- Half way through add the diced capsicum.
- Once the onions & capsicum is cooked, put the cooked chicken into the vessel and mix it well.
Serve it with noodles, fried rice or even rotis(its yum with rotis).
This dish can be served as a starter too.
What you waiting for? Go give it a shot! Give your feedback on Molly Aunty's Chilli Chicken!