Eating carrot cake makes me feel less guilty. I don't worry about the calories piling up. My mind is like there is carrot in it which means its healthy and good for you.
Well that's what I kept telling myself when I gorged this piece of cake. :)
Also this is a one bowl cake which makes things all the more easier.
For the Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup oil (I used canola oil)
- 1/2 cup lemon glaze ( Mix 2 to 3 tsp of lemon juice thoroughly in 1/2 cup powdered sugar)
- 1 cup grated carrots
For the White Chocolate Frosting
- 200gm white chocolate
- 250 ml cream
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade for 10 mins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, white & brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, lemon glaze and oil to the flour mixture.
- Stir with a spoon tell all the ingredients blend well
- Stir in carrots to the mixture
- Pour the batter in a 8 inch baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with crumbs.
For the Frosting
- Cut the white chocolate into small chunks and place them in a heat resistant bowl.
- Heat the cream in a pan till it boils.
- Pour the hot cream onto the white chocolate and stir it till the chocolate melts.
- Once the mixture cools down a bit, refrigerate until firm.
Once the cake cools down, spread the frosting thickly on top of it.
Warning: This is a dense & yummy cake and will disappear in minutes. :)