Farfalle is just a fancy aka Italian name for butterfly or bow tie pasta. I love the shape of this pasta and it gives the whole dish a character
- 2 cups Farfalle Pasta
- 3 strips of Bacon
- 4 Chicken Sausages, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp sliced green olives
- 2tsp oil
For the white sauce
- White Sauce Recipe here.
- 1/4 cup cheese (Add more as per to how cheesy you want)
- Italian seasoning: Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Basil - 1/4 tsp each
- Cook the Farfalle pasta to al dente.
- In the mean time, cut the bacon into small bits. Add 1 tsp oil into a non stick pan, add the bacon and fry them till they are crispy. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chopped sausage using the fat released from bacon.Once they are cooked put them in a bowl
- Add 1tsp of oil, fry the chopped garlic till the raw smell goes. Add the onions and cook they turn golden brown.
For the White sauce
- Please follow the recipe given here.
- To the sauce add the Italian seasoning and cheese.
- Place the pasta in a bowl
- Add the onion, bacon,sausages and olives into the bowl. Toss them all around like a salad.
- Pour the white sauce and mix it well with pasta.
Serve it with garlic bread or have it on its own.