I hope you all had a good Valentine's day and was spoiled crazy by your loved one. Valentine's day might be over but here in Choco Chilli, it doesn't stop us from making delicious desserts.
Go ahead and try this delicious Red Velvet & Chocolate Brownie.
- Butter - 115 gms.
- Egg - 1 large
- All purpose Flour - 3/4 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tbsp
- Brown / White sugar - 1 cup
- Red food coloring - 1.5 bottles (1 bottle is 28ml)
- Salt - a pinch
- Dark chocolate - 200 gms
- Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade.
- Melt the butter by keeping it out or in a microwave for a minute.
- Add sugar to the butter and whisk using a hand blender.
- Add egg and vanilla essence and blend till smooth.
- Add cocoa powder and mix it well.
- Next add the red food coloring. You might think the amount of color is too much but trust me, if you want the brownie to look red post baking,that much color is required. Otherwise it would look like a regular chocolate brownie.
- Now add the flour and a pinch of salt. Mix it till it combines. Do not over whisk it.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared 8 inch square baking pan or a mould of similar size. I used my heart shaped one.
- Take the dark chocolate and chop it into small pieces. Melt it on oven top or in a microwave till it is of pouring consistency.
- Pour the chocolate over the brownie mix and swirl it to give it a marble design. I went overboard on the chocolate and had quite a bit. I just poured it over like an icing as seen in the pic above
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes.
Cool the brownie down and if possible have it the next day after keeping it in the refrigerator. Trust me it was totally worth it. I had to fight the brownie monster (PR) at home and store it.
The brownie monster thanked me immensely for giving it to him the next day as he really enjoyed it. Have the brownie on its own or go wild and have it with a scoop of favorite ice-cream.
Make your own variation by adding some nuts or even using white chocolate.